Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ah Spring!

Today was a beautiful day here, so I decided to work outside. First I went to Town and Country Greenhouse (my favorite place in the spring) and bought a boston fern, a firetail, a wandering jew, 3 regal geraniums and a citronella mosquito plant. Then I was off to Lowes and added to my collection with lots more stuff. (daisies, woodland phlox, marigolds, caladiums, and a few more odds and ends.

Elizabeth came over and we made another trip to Lowes for more gorgeous plants and then back to the house to plant them. Unfortunately I have hurt my back and can do very little bending. Fortunately, Elizabeth is a wonderful friend and master gardener. She did most of the work. I did most of the supervising! :-)

I also hung my new Easter door wreath that you see above. And to top all that off I went to a new store in Lenoir the other day and bought the little green table you see below and the green cushions for the rockers. Now I can sit comfortably outside and admire all the wonderful things as they bloom!







2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and inviting porch and I love those cushions, so cute! So glad your got your planting done - you can only think about it here in Indiana ;(

    ReplyDelete