Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Oh my aching back

Just an update for those of you who have asked about my back. I went to the spine/back/pain guy in the orthopeadic group today. They had originally thought that I had 3 bulging discs which was what was causing my pain. Well, nope, they have decided I do have bulging discs and one herniated disc, but they don't seem to be pressing on any nerves. They are reasonably sure that I have sacro iliac joint dysfunction: http://www.medicinenet.com/sacroiliac_joint_pain/page4.htm
They are going to give me an injection tomorrow morning and with any luck at all (which I have had very little of healthwise in the past year) I should feel better by Friday. We can hope!!! He did give me some strong pain medicine to get me through until then - sure wish somebody had thought of that over the last 8 weeks!!!! Now if I can just stay awake through DWTS and Idol tonight - can't miss them!!! haha
I did get a chance while in Hickory to buy myself a new outfit to wear to Stepanie's baby shower on the 26th. That eased the pain a little bit. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hope the prescribed remedy worked - looking forward to our upcoming long weekend :) hope the drive won't bother you too much...?

    ReplyDelete