Well, Christmas day has passed and the snow is almost melted. I have taken down the few decorations I put up this year and they are packed in the basement for another year. I went to church this morning for the service of Lessons and Carols. We Episcopalians don't begin to celebrate until Christmas Eve and then celebrate until the end of epiphany so the season hasn't really ended for us. I am looking forward to spending some time with my son and his family sometime in January to exchange gifts and of course enjoy their company.
I am also looking forward to a better year in '10 for my health. '09 began pretty badly in February with my back problems and went downhill from there with falling down the stairs at Andy's in July, fracturing a vertebrae, two herniated disks, a-fib and time in the hospital in Ft. Lauderdale, becoming resistant to my chemo, sinus problems, food poisoning and a lovely virus that zapped all my strength. And even with all those problems I realize that so many have so many more problems than I.
So.......onward and upward to a new year hoping that health issues of '09 are gone, looking forward to watching my granddaughter grow, walk, talk and so many more exciting things to come. I hope that the excitement and fun of Christmas carries on for everyone throughout the next year and years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment